What is VPN and how does it work?
|What is VPN and how does it work?|
In today’s time sharing your personal details on the internet is very dangerous because the online world is completely full of bad people who can steal your personal details and blackmail them too. In such a situation, VPN helps us a lot to keep ourselves safe online.
We are all lucky that in today’s time we have an easy way to get out of the fear that we face all the time while working online and its name is VPN. All of you must have heard about VPN at one time or another, what is this VPN and how does it work? Today I am going to tell you about this.
What is the meaning of VPN – What is VPN in English
VPN is a network technology that creates secure connections in public networks such as the Internet and private networks such as Wi-Fi. VPN is a great way to keep your network secure and protect your personal data from hackers.
VPN service is mostly used by people like businessmen, organizations, government agencies, educational institutions and corporations working online so that they can keep their important data safe from unauthorized users. VPN protects all types of data, that is, what is necessary and what is not even necessary. Those who are common people and they use the internet for browsing, they can also use the VPN service through the VPN application on their phone or computer.
When it comes to internet freedom in India, then there is a big hit here about free internet. This is because many times the local government does regular blocking and access restriction in different parts of the country, due to this, downloading and uploading becomes very difficult at times, sometimes you may get jailed for not following the rules.
In such a situation, we need some such technology so that we can keep our identity safe. Keeping ourselves protected means that by using VPN, it keeps our identity private and secure, while also helping to bypass many restrictions.
What is the full form of VPN?
The full name or full form of VPN is Virtual Private Network.
How VPN Works – How VPN Works
The most important job of VPN is to keep your connection or all the work you are doing on the internet safe. Along with that, the biggest advantage of using VPN is that whatever restrictions are there on the internet, like there are some websites which we cannot access in our country, then we will be able to access that website easily with the help of VPN. .
Meaning the website which you were not allowed to see earlier, now you can see that website through VPN.
When we connect our device with VPN then that device works like a local network and whenever we search by putting that website in our phone’s browser which is blocked in our country then VPN to do its work. starts.
Sends the user’s request to the server of that blocked website through VPN and then from there shows all the content and information of the website in the user’s device.
When you connect to the VPN of another country while staying in one country, then that work is done through tunneling and that work is done very easily.
Because that website is not blocked in that country which is in our country, then you get connected to the VPN there, after that a network connection is formed between that VPN and your VPN which remains encrypted which means that no one can access that website. You cannot steal personal details from the network and then you can access the website through that VPN.
What is the function of VPN?
The reason for the rise of VPNs is that they can help people protect their privacy.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a software application that helps you securely connect to a private network using a public network such as the Internet. VPN software encrypts all your online data and routes it through remote servers. Data travels through a tunnel in an encrypted format, securing your connection from potential hackers who want to steal or monitor your information.
Since VPNs are mostly used to access geo-restricted content on the web, they have become more popular in recent years. This has led to increased competition among providers, which has reduced prices for customers.
How to set up VPN?
Now then we have got some information about what is VPN. Then in such a situation, we have to know how to use these VPNs in your Desktop Computer or SmartPhone.
How to set up VPN in your computer?
If you want to use VPN in your computer, then for this you have to
Opera Developer Software has to be used. You just have to download and install that software.
Step -1. After installing first, you have to open the app, now in the upper side, you will see an option of menu, you will have to click on it and then click on setting.
Step -2. By clicking on the setting, you will have the option of Privacy and Security, then on clicking it, you will see the option of VPN, there you will have to tick Enable VPN.
Step -3. By doing this VPN will be activated in your Opera browser, now you can access all blocked websites in it.
Step -4. Now you can see VPN written near the URL of the browser, by clicking on it you can turn on / off the VPN whenever you want, as well as change the location wherever you want.
Best Windows VPN Software for Computer
Although there are many VPN software available in the Internet, it is very difficult to choose the right VPN among them. That’s why I have prepared a list of Best Windows VPN Softwares that you can install on your Windows 10 computer and save your identity.
By the way, note that most of these VPN service are both Free and Paid, so if you are a normal user then you can use Free VPN Service.
- Finch VPN
- Hotspot Shield
- Surf Easy
- Tunnel Bear
- ZPN connect
- Total VPN
How to set up VPN in SmartPhone or Mobile
If you want to set up VPN in your SmartPhone then you can do it very easily, for this you just have to first download that VPN App from your mobile from Playstore (Android) or AppStore (iOS) and then install it. You can make use of it. So let’s know how to use an app correctly.
Step -1. Download a VPN App to your Smartphone, such as Windscribe, install it in your Mobile, just like you install an App.
Step -2. After doing this, you will have to open that app, then set your desired location in it, after doing this you will have to click on Connect visible in front.
Step -3. VPN network will be activated in your SmartPhone as soon as you click on Connect.
What are the Best Android VPN Apps for SmartPhone?
Here I have made a list of Best Android VNP Apps, which you can see yourself and you can install any one Android App according to your need.
- Tiger VPN
- Buffered VPN
Advantages of VPN
Let’s get complete information about the Advantages of VPN.
- It helps to safely access a public connection – Many times we may need to use a Wi-Fi connection but they are not very secure, then with the help of a VPN service we can identify ourselves. You can hide and browse safely.
- It increases online security – When it comes to online safety, browsing the Internet through VPN is really very secure, it protects your web data very well. In another language, having a strong antivirus and a standard firewall, as well as a VPN, adds an extra layer to our security.
- It helps you watch any shows from anywhere – Geo-restriction is very annoying, but it does happen. In such a situation, a VPN can help you a lot to access geo-blocked websites, there is no border restriction in it that can stop you from watching any shows.
- You can download anything anonymously – If your Internet Service Provider prevents you from using any websites, then you can download those files anonymously with the help of VPN services.
Disadvantages of VPN
Let us get some information about the disadvantages of VPN.
- Most reliable VPNs are not free – although you will find many free VPN services to use but they have a limit like Daily 2 GB or 5 GB, after that you do not get that free. In this case you have to use a paid monthly subscription.
- You have to do good research for good connection speed – A VPN often encrypts all network traffic, because it uses a lot of resources which reduce internet speed. That’s why you can use a Paid VPN to get faster speed.
- Not all available VPNs can be trusted – You might be aware that VPN IPs are often not unique, they are shared with many people. Due to this, there are chances of many security issues such as IP address blacklisting and IP spoofing. Therefore it would be better that you use only reputable, trustworthy VPNs and do a lot of research in this regard beforehand.
- Sometimes VPNs can also be more complex – although some VPNs are simple, there are many complex ones too. This means that the process of setting up a VPN is very complex, due to which many users avoid using it.
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”What is the full form of VPN?” answer-0=”The full name or full form of VPN is Virtual Private Network.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”What is the function of VPN?” answer-1=”The reason for the rise of VPNs is that they can help people protect their privacy” image-1=”” headline-2=”h3″ question-2=”How to set up VPN in SmartPhone or Mobile” answer-2=”1. Download a VPN App to your Smartphone, such as Windscribe, install it in your Mobile, just like you install an App. 2. After doing this, you will have to open that app, then set your desired location in it, after doing this you will have to click on Connect visible in front. 3. VPN network will be activated in your SmartPhone as soon as you click on Connect.” image-2=”” count=”3″ html=”true” css_class=””]
If you liked this post What is VPN in English or got to learn something then please tell how did you like the post in the comment.