Do you know what is AutoCAD? What is this and where is it used? If you are from the field of engineering then you must have heard this word about AutoCAD. By the way, AutoCAD is a computer-aided drafting software program that is used to create blueprints of many things like buildings, bridges, and computer chips.
What Is AutoCAD?
It is a 2D and 3D computer aided drafting software application that is specifically used to generate blueprints of engineering plans for architecture, construction, and manufacturing.
By the way, due to not having so much information about it in the Internet, today I thought why not provide complete information about what is AutoCAD to you people, so that all your doubts will be cleared till the end of the article. So without delay let’s start and know what is AutoCAD
The full form of AutoCAD is Automatic Computer Aided Design. Its native file format is .dwg. It is a software that is mainly used to create engineering plans for building plans, architectural designs, construction and manufacturing.
It is also called drafting application. This software was developed and marketed by Autodesk itself. AutoCAD was first released as a desktop app in December 1982.
At that time, they were run in microcomputers which had internal graphics controllers. Before the introduction of AutoCAD, most commercial CAD programs were run on mainframe computers or minicomputers.
In this, each CAD operator (user) used to work in a separate graphics terminal. Then from 2010, AutoCAD was also released according to the mobile- and web app which became known among the people as AutoCAD 360. Professionals who use AutoCAD are called drafters.
History of AutoCAD
AutoCAD This technical term is taken from a program that started in the year 1977, and in 1979 it was released as Interact CAD. It was referred to as MicroCAD in earlier Autodesk documents.
The first version of Autodesk was first demonstrated at the 1982 Comdex and released in December. As the flagship product of Autodesk, by March 1986 AutoCAD had become the most popular and ubiquitous CAD program worldwide.
At the same time, in 2019, the 33rd major version of AutoCAD was released for the Windows Operating System.
How to be the best computer to do AutoCAD?
Not only AutoCAD but all the softwares that come under the Autodesk umbrella are all resource intensive and hence require a powerful computer to run.
Because in AutoCAD many things have to be handled like all 3D modeling, civil and architectural tasks etc. In such a situation, it is very important to have a better computer system to run them smoothly.
Where ordinary users and engineers need minimum specifications of computer to run CAD, if you do multitasking then you need a high-end PC.
With this you can get very seamless and lag-free performance and your productivity will also increase.
Let us know about some such systems which can help you a lot:
- MacBook Pro 15-inch with Touch Bar
- Razer Blade
- HP ZBook 17 G3
- HP ZBook Studio G3
- HP Specter Pro 13 G1
- Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70
- MSI WT72 6QK
how to learn autocad
AutoCAD is not a short course. If you want complete knowledge then it will be better that you join any institute. Or you can also take help of YouTube. Here you have been given a video of a basic course, with the help of which you will be able to learn to run it.
How many courses are there related to AutoCAD?
There are many courses in AutoCAD, it depends on which type of course you want to do among them. According to the time and expertise of the means, they have been divided into the following types.
- Advance Course in CADD (Three Month Certificate Program)
- AutoCAD (Two Months Certificate Program)
- Advanced AutoCAD Course (Three Months Certificate Program)
- Diploma in AutoCAD (Two Months Undergraduate Diploma Program)
- Master Diploma in Architectural CADD (Two Months Postgraduate Diploma Programme)
List of Some Common Courses
Let us know about these courses in some detail that what is taught in it. This will make it easier for you to select them.
Introductory AutoCAD Course
- In introductory courses, students are provided with basic knowledge of AutoCAD’s interface, menu options, toolbars and operational commands.
- In this course, students are provided with the opportunity to observe how professional drafting projects are created and executed.
- Along with this, they are also educated about how to create their own 2D designs. Apart from this, basic skills are taught in drawing, editing, layering and plotting.
Intermediate AutoCAD Course
- After the earlier introductory instruction in AutoCAD, the students
- Training of intermediate level AutoCAD skills is provided. It includes many things such as hatching, dimensioning, cross-references, tables and block attributes.
- Students are introduced to 3D designs and also taught drafting skills to prepare themselves for advanced AutoCAD training.
Advanced AutoCAD Course
- Advanced AutoCAD courses mainly focus on 3D designs, in which navigation and modeling tools are also used to create 3D drawings to run it properly.
- Students learn many concepts in it such as lighting, mapping and solid-model creation. In the course, students are also given training about importing and scanning images of 3D models.
AutoCAD Course of Graphics Creating
- This is a course in graphics production in which it is demonstrated how to use AutoCAD in illustration and web design projects. Students are taught to use AutoCAD jointly with other software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Autodesk Impression software.
- Talking about skills, then training is given for correcting photographs, manipulating depth of field and creation of special effects etc.
AutoCAD Training Programs
- AutoCAD courses are also available in AutoCAD and Autodesk certificate programs. Students have to complete these training programs online or through a traditional classroom format.
- AutoCAD training programs can only consist of a comprehensive course with progressive instruction from basic level to advanced skill levels. These training programs have to be completed during a specific period only.
Some of the most popular topics in AutoCAD that Engineers love more.
- 3D sketch and Boolean operations
- 3D parts, UCS, Boolean operation, Solid Editing, etc.
- Creating & Editing Text
- Equations, Design Table & Configurations
- Introduction, Walls, Flanges, Bending
- Design Center & Tool Palettes
- Inquiry tools & Parametric Drafting
- Surface Creation & Modification tools
- Sketch Visualization & Sketch Analysis
- Drafting Settings
- Dimensions & Dimension Styles
- Geometry & Dimensional Constraints
- Sketch Entities & Sketch Tools
- Block, W-block, X-attach & X-Ref
Engineering is not necessary for AutoCAD, is it?
It is not necessary to have an engineering degree for AutoCAD. For this, you should only have the understanding of running a computer. If you have a little technical knowledge then you can easily run AutoCAD Software.
By the way, if you have an engineering degree, then it will be easier for you to run AutoCAD because it is already taught in the course of engineering. Together it can also help you in the designs of some diagrams.
What are the Career Options of AutoCAD
AutoCAD is most commonly used by drafters and other professions that focus more on design and construction. Let us know about some such career options that you can choose once you have learned to run AutoCAD properly.
can become a drafter
Drafters prepare technical illustrations in which importance is given to all engineering and manufacturing specifics for making any structure or any product. In this AutoCAD software program helps those drafters to develop and store technical drawings.
But even in this a drafter should have knowledge of all those things in which drafting techniques, manufacturing theory and engineering are prominent.
One advantage that drafters get from the use of this AutoCAD software program is that drafters can submit designs very quickly and can also bring variations if needed, based on specific data.
It is not at all unusual for a drafter to specialize in a particular area. For example, the specialties of a common drafter job may include civil, architectural, mechanical and aeronautical drafting. This Drafting Profession is one of the most growing profession and they are needed all the time.
can become an architect
It is the job of architects to present the designs of architectures like buildings, houses, bridges, monuments. They work directly with the clients so that they can meet all their needs and requirements.
Along with this, they also develop the plans needed for the construction. Most architects use AutoCAD to prepare their designs.
Talking about job prospects, then architects are needed in all fields whether it is naval architects, building design architects, they are employed by government or private companies. Their salary depends on their skills and experience.
Become an Interior Designer
The main job of interior designers is to design the internal appearance of the buildings. Meaning that when the building is ready, how will its internal design look. Along with this, they also have to take special care of building codes and other safety regulations while designing the interiors.
mostly interior designers use this AutoCAD for designs because it is easy to use and together it has many such features that guide designers to use them correctly.
They get employment mainly in many private constructional companies and real estate companies.
If you liked my post What is AutoCAD or you got to learn something from it, then please share this post on social networks like Facebook, Twitter etc. to show your happiness and curiosity.